Chat box~

Arigatou-Chapter 3  

Thursday, March 25, 2010

It’s a quiet and peaceful day for the Yamada family but Kinomoto’s family….

“Haruhi! Come down and have your breakfast! You’ll be late for school!” called Miyuki for her daughter.

Raiga laughed when Haruhi came with sleepy face.

“Aw~! It’s too early!”

Their mother placed two bowls of cereal and a cup of coffee for Azuma, their father.

“It’s not too early, dear. Now, you better practice to wake up early since you’ve start schooling.” Said her dad.

Haruhi munched her food while mumbling, “I’m just a six-year-old girl, why do I have to wake up early like dad?”

Raiga ruffles her hair, “Because you’re schooling!”

The boy stood up and reached for his shoe, “Hayaku, Haru-chan!”

She quickened her eating pace and rushed to her brother, “Coming!”



They walk out and Haruhi waited as Raiga pulled out his bike.

“Climb up.”

Haruhi climbed and hugged his brother around his waist.

“Ja ne, tou-chan! Bring back strawberries for me!”

She heard the familiar voice came out from their neighbor as a car pass in front of their house.

“Ryo-chan!”

The boy turned to her and walked to the fence, “Ohayo, Haru-chan, Raiga-nichan.”

They both nods in reply. “Don’t you need to prepare yourself?”

Ryosuke looked at them and confuse.

“Um…prepare for what?” he asked back as he titled his head to the right.

Haruhi face-palmed and looked to him. “Duh! School!”

“S-School?”

They nod.

“Ryo-chan, you don’t go to school?”

The 6 year old boy shook his head.

Haruhi and Raiga exchanged look.

“Anou…what is school?”

Raiga dropped his jaw. “You don’t even know what the school is?”

Again, he shook his head.

“School is where we go to study and to get friends!” Haruhi exclaimed excitedly as she beam her smile.

“Oh.” Was come out from Ryosuke.

“Talk about that,” said Raiga, “we need to go now or I’ll be late for school. Later, Ryo-chan.”

“Un. Ja ne.” he waved to the siblings as they started to disappear.



The lonely little boy sighed and turned around only to see his mom was staring at him.

“Come in, Ryosuke. You haven’t eaten your medicine yet.”

He obeyed as he enters the house and followed his mom to the kitchen.

He stared outside and saw other children around his age, cycling with their elder sister or brother, or walking with friends, probably to the place that Haruhi and Raiga mentioned before-school.

“Hai, open your mouth.” Told his mother and he did as the bitter-sweet liquid flows into his mouth.

“Yuck!”

His mom smile and kept away his the medicine, “Don’t spit it out, just swallow it, okay?”

He nods as he tried so hard to do so.

“Ne, ka-chan,” started the boy.

“Hm? What is it?” Keiko arranged the plates as she listened to Ryosuke.

“…Haruhi said that school is a place where we can learn things and make friends. That sounds fun to me and I did saw children around my age went to school earlier. C-Can I go to school too?”

The woman stopped on what she was doing and turn to him with a smile.

“I know you’ll ask about it. But, we need to go to your check up and as the doctor whether you can go or not, okay?”

He nods happily.

“When is my next check up?”

Keiko walked to their dining room and approached the calendar where she had written all the dates of Ryosuke’s check up.

“It’s today at noon.” She stated and turned to him.

“But now is 8 a.m.! I have to wait for 3 hours and I don’t have anything to do!” he whined as he clutch his mother’s sleeve.

“Let’s see.”

Keiko glanced as she paused for a while.

“Ah! Why don’t you go and clean up Shiro’s (his flying squirrel) cage and then take bath?”

Now Ryosuke paused before nodding his head happily.

He ran to his pet’s cage and started to clean it up.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-



Hospital.


The doctor kept away his stethoscope and wrote something on Ryosuke’s file. After that, he looked up and smile.

“It seems that you’re getting healthier. You’ve get better now that you can go out and play, you know.” He started.

Ryosuke’s ears perked up. “Really?”

The doctor nods.

“Yamada-san, about the question you’ve asked earlier, I’m happy to say that he is healthy enough to go to school-”

“Yay!” cheered the only child of Yamada.

“I haven’t finished yet, Ryo-chan.”

He pouted and sat back.

Keiko smile and patted his head, “Can he do some sports?”

“Well of course he can. But, he cannot miss any check up or appointment that I’ll reschedule and never forgot to eat his medicine. Or I have to stop you from schooling.”

Keiko nods and smiled happily.

“That means,”

The doctor and Keiko turned to the owner of the voice.

“If I didn’t miss my check up or appointment and I eat my medicine, I can go to school and play with friends freely?”

The doctor named Arai nods.

“Yay! I will never miss my check up and I will eat my medicine as long as I can go to school!”

“I can see that.” Said Arai. He called his assistant to reschedule Ryosuke’s check up and all.

As for Ryosuke, he was now blabbering to his mother on how happy he felt about going to school.

“I guess that’s all for today. I’ll have my assistant to fax the dates later.”

Keiko and Ryosuke stood up, “Arigatou, sensei.”

The doctor smile and led them to the door.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*



Dinner-Yamada’s house.


“..and! And Arai-sensei let me to go to school! As return, I cannot miss my check ups and never forget to eat my medicine! So, can I please go to school, tou-chan?”

Said Ryosuke and begged to his father on allowing him to go to school.

“Ryosuke, sit down and eat properly. You’re shaking the table.” His mom said while chuckling.

“Hai~” he replied and waited for his father to response to him.

Yusuke smile, “Come here.”

He walked to Yusuke and stopped right in front of him.

“Promise me you go to school not only to make friends and play but also, to learn new things.”

Ryosuke’s lips curve into a smile and hug his father, “I promise!”

The Yamada’s couple laughed seeing their only son’s behavior.

“When would you like to start schooling?” asked Keiko as she opened the cap of Ryosuke’s medicine.

“As soon as I can!”

Yusuke nods, “In that case, we shall register you on a school tomorrow.”

“And I’ll go to super market after that,” add Keiko while feeding Ryosuke with his daily medicine.

“Why? Is the groceries finish already?”

Keiko chuckle when Ryosuke mumbling “Yuck!” and “It’s bitter.”

“No, I’m thinking of making him a cake to celebrate that he is allow to go to school.”

“Cake! I want strawberry cake!” interrupted Ryosuke.

Yusuke, who now started to help her to clear the table, replied to his wife, “I see, we shall go together since tomorrow is my day off.”

“That would be great ne, Ryo-chan?”

“Hai! I can’t wait for tomorrow to arrive!”


*Hayaku-faster

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Arigatou-Chapter 3